Sunday, August 23, 2026

Comfort in the uncomfortable.

For most of my life, I have tried to make every relationship comfortable.

Whenever I sensed tension, I wanted to fix it. If someone felt uncomfortable around me, I would adjust myself until they felt at easy even if it cost me my own convictions. I believed that a healthy relationship meant everyone feeling comfortable.

But during this sabbatical, I discovered something that exposed my heart.

A comfortable environment can become the hardest ground to stand for the truth.The closer a relationship becomes, the more tempting it is to protect the relationship instead of protecting obedience.

I am learning not to run from godly discomfort.

Jesus is my example.He loved people deeply, yet He never made people's comfort His mission. He humbled Himself, obeyed the Father completely, and fulfilled His Father's will even when it led to rejection, misunderstanding, and the cross (Philippians 2:8).

As I write this in the final days of my sabbatical, I realize that choosing godly discomfort is helping me remain secure in my identity in Christ.

The danger of protecting everything

One of my greatest struggles has been this: when everyone becomes my friend, I begin to fear speaking the truth.

It starts to feel as though I must protect every relationship.

Protect every ministry.

Protect everyone's opinion of me.

But none of those belong to me.

The ministry belongs to God.

People belong to God.

My responsibility is to remain faithful before Christ and steward the people He entrusts to me with integrity.

What I mean by "uncomfortable"

I need to define this carefully.I do not mean becoming cold, distant, or emotionally guarded.I mean choosing what is right before God even when my flesh wants comfort.It means speaking truth without bitterness.It means submitting my heart to Christ before I open my mouth. It means refusing to let emotions become my authority while still loving people honestly.I have learned something about myself. Sometimes I become excited when someone becomes close to me. I begin to reveal everything too quickly, and later I realize I spoke from excitement instead of wisdom. Wisdom teaches me that trust should grow with maturity, not merely with emotional closeness.

Why truth feels uncomfortable

I keep noticing the same pattern.Whenever I fall into temptation, I am usually pursuing comfort.Instead of prayer, I choose scrolling. Instead of God's Word, I choose entertainment. Instead of asking, "Lord, what is Your will?" I ask, "What will satisfy me right now?"The flesh naturally seeks comfort.

But Christ calls me somewhere deeper.

The uncomfortable life that brings freedom

Some of the most life-giving things are uncomfortable.

  • Discipline is uncomfortable.

  • Prayer is uncomfortable.

  • Reading Scripture consistently is uncomfortable.

  • Doing what is right when nobody notices is uncomfortable.

  • Telling the truth to someone you love is uncomfortable.

  • Forgiving someone who betrayed you is uncomfortable.

  • Choosing obedience over approval is uncomfortable.

Yet these uncomfortable choices produce freedom.Comfort often protects the flesh.Obedience strengthens the spirit.

The flesh enjoys being appreciated. It enjoys being needed.It enjoys receiving praise for ministry.It enjoys avoiding difficult conversations.None of those things are automatically sinful, but they become dangerous when they become the reason I obey.

Well this journey if flesh is uncomfortable then Spirit is comfortable and Spirit start to move.Where the flesh is allowed to rule, the work of the Spirit is resisted (Galatians 5:16–17; Romans 8:5–13).  if people have choosen the uncomfortable path and The truth and There will be Spirit which we call the Worship.


 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home